1. 2013 kicked off with a bang today at Xtreme!
2. After 2nd service we held our quarterly Xtreme Team Huddle (a leadership meeting for everyone who serves at Xtreme). I love getting to hang out with and speak into the lives of our dedicated team of ushers, musicians, greeters, connect group leaders, cleaning team, media team, nursery staff, community outreach folks…ALL OF THEM : )
3. When I became the lead pastor back in 2010 about 20-25% of regular attendees (based on average weekly attendance) served on a weekly basis in our various ministries.
4. At the close of 2012, we saw that number almost reach 50%! That’s a HUGE step in the right direction. Thank God that we are a community were ownership and servanthood are highly valued. I can’t wait to see the other 50% get in the game this year!
5. My voice was trying to fail me this morning. That hasn’t happend in a while.
6. Remember, fasting is not a shortcut to spiritual growth, but it is an essential step in the right direction.
7. “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and” – Isaiah 58:6-7