Here are some of the thoughts that have spoken to me during the last 21 days of prayer and fasting:
1. “Jesus is ‘mighty to save,’ the best proof of which lies in the fact that He has saved you. What a thousand mercies that you have not found Him mighty to destroy!” – Spurgeon
2. “The imperatives of the Bible (what you should do) flow out of the indicatives (who you are).” – Mark Driscoll
3. Jesus does not want or need my 21 days of sacrifice. He bought my life. The least I can do is give Him what he already owns. All of me.
4.”God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” – James 4:6-7
5. Busyness does not equal spirituality and success does not equal holiness.
6. I have not even begun to grasp the grace, power, and sovereignty of God.
7. After 10 years of pastoral ministry, I no longer feel like a white belt. A 1 stripe blue belt, maybe. Definitely not a white belt though ; )