A crisis is a turning point in human functioning whereby one’s ability to cope with trauma, stress, or other impactful situations fails. Crisis manifests in a variety of forms. For some, crisis results from built up pressure such as increased financial burden or ongoing health issues. For others, crisis occurs spiritually or emotionally. Regardless of its type or underlying cause, crisis is a part of the human experience. No matter what you are facing, remember this:
1. Being a Christian does NOT exempt you from crises. (John 16:33)
2. A crisis to us is NOT a crisis to God. He cares about us. However, He is not caught off guard by our trials. (1 Peter 4:12-19)
3. God promises to BE PRESENT and to comfort us IN and through our crises. (Psalm 46)
4. Today’s trial will NOT last forever. (Psalm 30:4-5)
5. Hope is resident in your crisis.
“You’re not the only ones plunged into these hard times. It’s the same with Christians all over the world. So keep a firm grip on the faith. The suffering won’t last forever. It won’t be long before this generous God who has great plans for us in Christ—eternal and glorious plans they are!—will have you put together and on your feet for good. He gets the last word; yes, he does.” 1 Peter 5:9-10 MSG