I read R.T. Kendal’s “Total Forgiveness” about 5 years ago and it totally wrecked me. In view of yesterday’s post I thought I’d share 7 steps Kendal gives for totally forgiving others:
1. Make the deliberate and irrevocable choice not to tell anyone what “they” did.(unless a crime has been committed)
2. Be pleasant to them should you be around them.
3. Refuse to beat them up with guilt trips. Speak life.
4. Let them feel good about themselves.
5. Protect them from their greatest fear (total exposure of their shortcomings)
6. Keep it up…total forgiveness is a lifelong process.
7. Pray for them
“Forgive them. Release them. Do it in your heart. Refuse those imaginary conversations that rob you of time and sleep. ” – R.T. Kendal