If you know me you know that I am passionate about reading AND applying what I’ve read. For me, it’s not just about acquiring knowledge. Basically, if I can’t apply the concepts of a book to my life then I won’t read the book. If I can’t immediately teach the concepts of the book then I won’t waste my time with it. I guess that’s why I read very little fiction. This makes me selective, but not exclusive when it comes to reading.
What do you want to do in life?
What project have you left unfinished?
Who needs your help?
What strengths need to be sharpened?
What are your blindspots?
Some of you have read more than enough and its time for action. However, some of you need to start by turning off the TV, putting down the phone, and picking up a book.
Here’s what I read or finished reading in the last 30 days.
- Examining Dark Side Leadership and Impression Management in King David: A Social–Culture Texture Analysis of 2 Samuel 11 by Darius Benton
- Doing Life With: A Mentoring Approach to Making Christ Followers by Jerry Daley
- Alexander Hamilton’s Guide to Life by Jeff Wilser
- Black Prophetic Fire by Dr. Cornell West
- A New Kind of Leader by Reggie Joiner
What are you reading?